"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby Update - 29 Weeks


How many weeks?  29 weeks

How am I feeling?
   I’m feeling pretty good these days.  Camryn has to be growing because my belly is definitely stretching out there and her kicks are getting stronger!  I can’t believe I’m just 3 short weeks from our next goal of 32 weeks.

Hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day.  I had plenty of visitors Saturday and Sunday – very nice weekend.  My favorite part was my Mother’s Day gift from my hubby – Camryn’s diaper bag.  I found it online at Pottery Barn but soon realized it was no longer available.  Fortunately, someone was selling a brand new bag on eBay.  My wonderful husband was bidding down to the last minute and won!  I think it’s the cutest diaper bag ever!


Hospital stay update?  Everything is pretty much the same as last week.  Still on the same amount of Mag.  I have several contractions each day but they’re not painful or regular.  I really think lying flat and emptying my bladder every hour is keeping the contractions down.  We have another growth ultrasound and cervix measurement next Monday so we should have the results for next week’s update. 

Weight gain?  Brace yourselves for this one…37 lbs!!!   I really couldn’t believe the scale this week.  I just can’t imagine that I’ve gained almost 40 lbs. already.  I’m still hoping for another 7 more weeks of pregnancy so I’m a little concerned about what that means for my total weight gain.  My sweet husband assures me that I’ll have no problem losing the weight once I get back on my feet again.  The doctors aren’t concerned with the weight gain either so I guess I need to chill out and not worry about it.

Specific prayer requests?
     (1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
     (2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
     (3) the magnesium continues to stop contractions;
     (4) any contractions I have will not change my cervix;
     (5) I reach our next goal of 32 weeks;
     (6) I continue to trust in God’s plan and be thankful at all times;
     (7) my body be the perfect environment for Camryn's healthy growth;
     (8) I remember that this distance from family & friends is only temporary; and
     (9) God continues to provide me with His strength and peace.

3 comments:

Devon said...

yea!

my riley is a 29 weeker....you are on your way to full term!

Angie said...

Love the diaper bag!! and yes, you are getting so BIG, but that is such a great thing for Camryn!! Enjoy every minute!!

Chris and Machel said...

Hey there! So sorry I haven't been by to see you or written. Work has been crazy busy...but I am finally in the home stretch for a slow period. So glad you 2 are doing well...and that picture is adorable! Definite belly difference from 28 to 29 weeks. As for weight gain, don't stress. I put on 50lbs by the time little man came at 36 weeks. Couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale and it said 197. It's all gone now though. I think the progesterone packed on the pounds in my case. So once the hormones were gone, the weight came off much quicker. Anyhoo, so happy you 2 are trucking along. Hope to see you soon...maybe this Sunday, if I am lucky!!!