"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby Update - 31 Weeks


That’s right…31 weeks!!!  It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come from that scary Saturday evening on April 2 when we didn’t know what was going on.  Now, 7.5 weeks later I’m amazed at how well things have been going.  I’ve had a few bumps along the way but for the most part, the hospital bed rest has been pleasant.

Having gone through what we went through with Connor definitely gives us a different perspective on our current situation.  We are willing to do whatever it takes to keep Camryn cooking as long as possible.  We pray she doesn’t have to spend one minute in the NICU, she can stay with us in my recovery room as much as possible after her arrival, and what I’m really looking forward to…carrying her in my arms out the hospital doors when I’m discharged after her delivery.  Not being able to take Connor home with us when we left the hospital was one of the hardest things to do.  While we knew we were leaving him in the best care, doing it still broke my heart.  So going into this pregnancy, I had it set in my mind that I would do whatever it took to get as close to full-term as possible.  I have to admit, I honestly didn’t think I’d be spending 3 months in the hospital, but I certainly don’t mind it because I’m still pregnant and Camryn is doing great.

What a busy week I’ve had…Friday I had a very nice, relaxing massage (thanks again Angela & Justin!).  Then, I was surprised by my sweet friends Amy, Jenn, Rachel, Wendy, and Tori with a mini baby shower…adorable decorations, cookies, pink lemonade, and gifts (so thoughtful - thanks girls!).  We had my family baby shower Sunday afternoon.  The cake, cookies, and snacks were wonderful.  It was so nice seeing everyone and opening up all the cute baby clothes and gadgets.  Camryn has a great start to her wardrobe with matching outfits, headbands, and bows (thanks mom & Julie for getting everything together and to all my guests for making it a very special day!). 


Me & Camryn

With the grandmas 


With the great-grandmas

I was informed yesterday that I am now the most senior patient in antepartum.  The lady I met at the Mother’s Day lunch who had been here 3 weeks longer than me delivered a healthy baby boy this week at 36 weeks.  Mom and baby are doing great, and he didn’t have to go to the NICU!  What wonderful news!
 
Specific prayer requests?
     (1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
     (2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
     (3) the magnesium continues to stop contractions;
     (4) any contractions I have will not change my cervix;
     (5) I reach our next goal of 32 weeks;
     (6) I continue to trust in God’s plan and be thankful at all times;
     (7) my body be the perfect environment for Camryn's healthy growth;
     (8) I remember that this distance from family & friends is only temporary;
     (9) God continues to provide me with His strength and peace; and
     (10) God provides my nurses and doctors with wisdom to make best decisions for
             our care.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend!  Please take time to remember and honor the military men and women who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

2 comments:

tori said...

Good choice with the dress...very cute :)!

Angie said...

I hope you know I mean this in the best possible way, but your belly is sooooo BIG!!! She must be so healthy and happy in there!! You look beautiful in your dress and you are definitely ALL baby!! I know you had such a great time at your showers, hang in there, only a couple more weeks left, and only a couple of days left until your 32week goal! So excited for you!