"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby Update - 28 Weeks



How many weeks?  28 weeks – PRAISE GOD!!!

How am I feeling?   I am so very happy and thankful to have reached our first goal of 28 weeks!  Every morning I wake up thanking God for allowing me to be pregnant another day.  I’m also starting to experience some of the wonderful discomforts of pregnancy which I’m sure are only magnified by the fact that I’ve been lying in a bed for the last 4 ½ weeks.  Saturday was pretty rough for me.  Camryn was sitting really low and causing some major discomfort.  I realized this pregnancy thing is kicking my butt!  Thanks to my wonderful nurse, I’m feeling much better now.  She suggested I try lying down flat on my side rather than in a reclined position to relieve some of the pressure off my cervix.  Lying flat makes my back hurt more but I can handle back pain better than the other pain I was feeling.  Besides, what pregnant woman doesn’t have back pain? 

Hospital stay update?  Today has been a very big day for me.  Not only am I celebrating making it to 28 weeks, a support group here at the hospital hosted a special Mother’s Day lunch for the antepartum patients.  It was nice to get out of my room, have a change of scenery, and meet other moms with crazy pregnancies.  Not that I would wish a difficult pregnancy on anyone…it’s just nice to know that I’m not alone.  There’s a lady who’s been here for 8 weeks.  Hearing her story was very encouraging. 

At the end of last week, I started contracting again more than usual.  The doctors increased my Mag to 4 g/hr for 2 hours, and the contractions stopped.  Since then, I’ve been on 2 g/hr and will probably stay at this dose rather than going back down to the 1 g/hr.  The doctor thinks my uterus may become more irritable as it grows larger and feels it’s best to stay at 2g/hr.  As long as the contractions stay to a minimum, I’m happy.  I think my body is getting used to the medicine as I’m not as hot and groggy now that I’ve been on the medicine for several weeks.

Specific prayer requests?
     (1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
     (2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
     (3) the magnesium continues to stop contractions;
     (4) any contractions I have will not change my cervix;
     (5) I reach our next goal of 32 weeks;
     (6) I continue to trust in God’s plan and be thankful at all times;
     (7) my body be the perfect environment for Camryn's healthy growth;
     (8) I remember that this distance from family & friends is only temporary; and
     (9) God continues to provide me with His strength and peace.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Praise God!!! I bet it was so nice to get to meet other moms in the hospital with similar stories, what a blessing!! I can't believe how big your getting, she's a healthy girl!!

Devon said...

you are doing great!

4 grams? wow, i'm impressed. 3 grams would kick my butt to the curb and 4, man, i was just plain old useless at 4. keep up the good work girl!!

28 weeks is HUGE milestone!

and it is SO nice that you are in a hospital that has antepartum stuff. my hospital didn't...i only left my room for ultrasounds and only went outside once in my time there.

hang in there!!

Wendy said...

YAY!!! I am so happy that you and Camryn are still hanging in there. I want you to know that Mother's Day this year has a new meaning for me becuase of you. Seeing how positive you have been through this whole experience is an inspiration to me because although I already know what a great mother you will be/are - you show us all that mothers will do whatever it takes to keep their babies healthly. Hang in there -- third trimester her you come!!

See you next week!

Angie said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! Camryn is already such a lucky little girl to have you as her mommy. I hope you have a wonderful day and remember that what you are going through is only a temporary trial so that you can keep your baby girl thriving. We are praying for you daily!!