"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ultrasound Results

We got my ultrasound results this morning when the doctors made their rounds.  Great news!  Camryn weighs 1 lb. 9 oz. which is just 1 oz. less than what Connor weighed at the same gestation, and my cervix measured 4.8cm!  Praise God!  I was so nervous about what the contractions had done to my cervix, but isn't our God a great and awesome God?  I spent at least an hour Monday morning in prayer over the ultrasound pleading to God for good results.  What a relief to know that things are looking good.

I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful and not let fear and anxiety take hold of me, but it's hard...it's really hard.  I'm fine when things are going well but the minute something questionable comes up I immediately think the worst is going to happen.  I know God is right here with me through all of this and anything that happens is no surprise to Him.  I have a long road ahead of me and I know it's very possible that we will have bumps along the way.  Please pray that if and when we meet these bumps that my initial reaction is to trust in Him and not be so fearful.  He promises to never leave me or forsake me.  I want to rest in His promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep that positive attitude Lyns! I am so proud of your and Corey and the faith and strength you both show daily! Keep it up and know that we are all sending prayers your way!! Love to all 3 of you :)!!

nana77422 said...

so happy you both got good news!! Keith and I have been praying for this precious bundle of joy!! If there is anything you guys need around the house please let us know! Prayers your way
Keith and Sherry

Lauren said...

All great news! Baby Camyrn is a viable size and your cervix measurements are great! Keep it up!