"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15Friday, April 15, 2011
Baby Update - 25 Weeks
How many weeks? 25 weeks!!!
How am I feeling? To be completely honest, I’ve had a couple of blah days. Sometimes I feel so disconnected. It gets pretty boring sitting in a hospital bed all day, and being hooked up to the IV and my lovely compression boots (to prevent blood clots) can also be annoying. But then I remind myself that the fact I’m going through all of this means I’m still pregnant. That’s right…I’m still pregnant and so very thankful for that. I’ve had lots of visitors, phone calls, and cards which have kept my spirits high. Yesterday, a dear friend, who I met while Connor was in the NICU, came by and visited for a while. Her son was a micro-preemie and she spent 14 weeks on hospital bed rest with her daughter. She actually brought her daughter with her yesterday, and let me just say she is the cutest thing. Such a great encouragement for me to keep trusting in the Lord and believing that I will make it through the hospital bed rest and Corey and I will be blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Good does happen even though it may take a little work to get there. That’s what I have to stay focused on.
Hospital stay update? I can’t believe tomorrow will be 2 weeks in the hospital. It’s kinda hard to believe when I think about it. 2 down, praying for another 10 more or so:) My contractions have been minimal. There was a couple of days this week when I’d have a few but mostly due to a full bladder. I’ve been trying to empty it as much as possible to keep the contractions away, and that’s been helping. I passed my glucose test-yeah!!! A physical therapist came by the other day and gave me some exercises to do while on bed rest to increase blood flow and improve muscle tone. My doctor gave me the “OK” to go outside this weekend, in a wheelchair of course, so I’m really looking forward to getting some fresh air tomorrow! Other than that, everything’s been going great.
Today I got a very special visit from my brand new nephew. I was so excited to see him because I wasn't able to be there for his birth. Oh my goodness, he is so cute and so very tiny! When I was holding him, Camryn was moving around and kicking. I guess she was telling her cousin "Hi"! And my day got even better because my husband is staying with me tonight. Being away from him has been really hard but we both know this is only temporary and it will definitely be worth it!
Specific prayer requests?
(1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
(2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
(3) the magnesium continues to stop contractions;
(4) any contractions I have will not change my cervix;
(5) I reach the current short-term goal of 28 weeks;
(6) I continue to trust in God’s plan and be thankful at all times; and
(7) my body be the perfect environment for Camryn's healthy growth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i am so sorry you are in the hospital but glad you are being monitored so closely! hospital bedrest is incredibly hard....hang in there!
is the friend that came to you visit you coy's mom? she was a huge inspriration to me when i was in the hospital....
anyways, i'm here if you want to talk!
Post a Comment