"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Sunday, April 3, 2011

In the Hospital

Corey and I had a very scary Saturday evening.  Around 5pm, my lower back started hurting and I just felt funny.  At first, I thought maybe I was psyching myself out since I’m getting close to when I went into labor with Connor.  I laid down and drank some water, but the back pain didn’t let up.  Something didn’t feel right.  After speaking with my doctor, Corey and I were on our way to hospital to be monitored for contractions.  The 60-mile drive to the hospital was definitely something I hope and pray we never have to experience again.  So very scary not knowing what was going on.  Based on what happened with Connor I was just convinced that this was it…here we go again…the same thing was happening with Camryn.  Once we got to the hospital, I was monitored for a while.  I was contracting a little but my cervix and the cerclage were still holding up.  Camryn was also monitored.  Her heartbeat and movements were great.  Sigh of relief!  

My doctor decided to err on the side of caution so here I am, in the hospital, on fluids, antibiotics, and medicine to calm my uterus.  I had a steroid shot to help develop Camryn’s lungs in the case I do go into labor and deliver.  We are, of course, praying that doesn’t happen for a very long time.  I'm going to have the fetal growth & cervix ultrasound in the morning rather than Thursday.  As of now, I will be in the hospital for a week through next Monday.  So that's where we stand.  I'm not contracting anymore and thus feeling much better and hopeful. 

We ask y’all to please continue to join us in prayer for our baby girl and this pregnancy.  We're praying that the medicine continues to keep my uterus from contracting and that I have an uneventful rest of the pregnancy until Camryn is born as close to full-term as possible.  My doctor is shooting for 32 weeks.  Of course, we want longer but really just want her healthy and at a point where she has the best chance of survival and a healthy life.

I can’t promise that I’ll post daily updates but will try my best to keep y’all in the loop.

5 comments:

5fines said...

I was finally able to log on to your blog. I am now a loyal follower! Please know that we are all praying for you. Stay Strong and Remember that God is with You!

Jennifer

Lisa said...

lifting you up in Jesus' name! Amen!

Jimmie Krnavek said...

Thank you for the update. We're all thinking about you and sending our positive thoughts and prayers. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call or email me.

Angie said...

Praying, praying, praying, praying, praying!!!!! God makes tha plans, you are just his vessels, He is with you always!

Lauren said...

I'm catching up on your blog now. I'm so sorry you had this scare, but glad the doctors are erring on the side of caution and kept you overnight. That must have felt good to have gotten the steriod shot to help develop her lungs -- just in case.