"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Update - 26 Weeks


How many weeks?  26 weeks – 2 more weeks until our short-term goal!!!

How am I feeling?  I feel like my belly grows every day, and while I do have my small moments of worrying about my weight gain, I really am enjoying it.  I mean, that’s what pregnant bellies are supposed to do, right?  It just means that Camryn is getting bigger which is what we want…for her to grow healthy.  And I love all the kicks and movements I’m feeling these days.  She is so active especially when the nurse puts the heart monitor on my belly.  No lie, it’s like Camryn’s running from the monitor!

Not a day has gone by when someone hasn’t stopped by to visit.  I can’t express how much that means to me.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful support group through all of this.  Thanks to everyone for the visits, emails, phone calls, cards, and gifts.  I really do appreciate it! 

Hospital stay update?  Things have been pretty much the same since my last update, and I’m so thankful for that.  No change at this point is good news.  Not very exciting but I really don’t need any excitement these daysJ  Speaking of excitement though…my mom is bringing Nika, our dachshund, to visit me tomorrow.  The hospital has a program that allows pet visits.  I haven’t seen her since I was admitted into the hospital and have really missed her.  After my cerclage, I was pretty much home bound so Nika has been by my side since then.  It’s been 2 ½ weeks now so I’m really looking forward to spending time with her again. 

Specific prayer requests?
     (1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
     (2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
     (3) the magnesium continues to stop contractions;
     (4) any contractions I have will not change my cervix;
     (5) I reach the current short-term goal of 28 weeks;
     (6) I continue to trust in God’s plan and be thankful at all times;
     (7) my body be the perfect environment for Camryn's healthy growth;
     (8) I remember that this distance from family & friends is only
           temporary; and
     (9) God continues to provide me with His strength and peace.

Hope everyone enjoys this Easter weekend and remembers the true meaning behind the holiday…the price Jesus paid so we can have eternal life and His great victory over death!

4 comments:

Tori S said...

You so prettyyyyyy :). How did the visit with Nika go :)?

Lauren said...

Oh, how I hope your uterus stays calm the that the contractions go away until your 37 weeks :) I'm so sorry you are still in the hospital! I hate that I didnt know this until now. I will keep you in my prayers. I remember how much I missed my puppies while I was in the hospital. 2 more weeks and you've reached your next goal and you'll officially be in your 3RD TRIMESTER! You and Camyrn are all most there. You are doing great and keeping a such a positive attitude.

Wendy said...

Hey Lynsie!! Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and Camryn today on Easter!! We will miss you guys for dinner, but I know next year will be that much more special having all three of the kids around! Love you and hope you have a great Easter!!

Rachel Brower said...

That belly looks so cute on you!! I hope to come down and visit you in the hospital but until then know that you, Camryn & Corey are still in my thoughts and prayers! Hope you had a happy Easter!