"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby Update - 24 Weeks

Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to take belly pictures in the hospital.  Meds and IV poles aren't that attractive.  Honestly, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post them anyways.  But I will continue with my weekly updates just minus the pictures for now:)

How many weeks?  24 weeks – I can’t express how truly blessed I am to have made it past 24 weeks, especially considering the scare we had last Saturday. 
How am I feeling?  It’s been almost a week of hospital bed rest and it honestly hasn’t been that bad at all.  I still have my slight moments of “oh my goodness, I hope what I’m feeling is OK” but I’m slowly getting more comfortable with things now.  We monitor Camryn twice a day and she’s such a little character…busy, busy, busy…always on the move!
Hospital stay update?  Tuesday the doctor lowered my contraction medicine dose, and thankfully, I haven’t had any more contractions.  The current goal is making it to 28 weeks so looks like I’ll be in the hospital for at least 4 more weeks.  It is very possible that I will remain in the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy.  That may drive some people crazy but I don't have a problem with it one bit.  I actually feel more comfortable here in the hospital than being home and 60 miles away.  My doctor knows what we’ve been through and is extremely conservative so we trust he will do what is best for Camryn.

Specific prayer requests?  
     (1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
     (2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
     (3) the magnesium continues to stop contractions;
     (4) any contractions I have will not change my cervix;
     (5) I reach the current short-term goal of 28 weeks;
     (6) I continue to trust in God’s plan and be thankful at all times; and
     (7) my body be the perfect environment for Camryn's healthy growth.

2 comments:

Angie said...

It is so comforting to know that you might stay in the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful doctor who understands what you have been through and is willing to keep you and Camryn as closely monitored as possible. We are praying constantly for you and I know God has an amazing plan for Camryn and your family. Keep us updated, pictures, pictures, pictures!!!

Amy J. said...

My dear Lynsie- Your up attitude about your hospital stay is inspiring. You are the epitome of motherly love. May Our Great God continue to comfort your heart and bless you for your immense faith. My thoughts and prayers are lifted up continuously for if God is with us, all things are possible. Much love.