"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Friday, February 25, 2011

Baby Update - 18 Weeks


How many weeks?  18 weeks
How am I feeling?  Still feeling great!  My body seems to be taking the progesterone injections quite well.  I haven’t really had any of the horrible side effects I read about.  My face is starting to break out like it did during my first trimester, and I’m sore for a couple of days at the injection site.  Other than that, everything’s been great.
What’s new this week?  With each passing week, I feel Camryn move around and kick more and more…such a cool feeling!
Doctor’s appointment?  I had my weekly appointment yesterday.  I got my third progesterone injection.  I’m starting to get used to them.  Corey and I have laughed the last 2 weeks because before I get the injection, I ask the nurse to please count “1,2,3” before giving me the shot.  Both times the nurse said “Sure, I can do that” but on both occasions failed to count!  I’m lying on the table waiting to hear “1,2,3” then the next I know there’s the little poke that makes me jump every time.  Maybe it’s better that they don’t count…who knows:).
Weight gain?  11 lbs – no change from last week.
Baby preparation?  I keep looking at the pictures of the bedding I picked out, and much to my surprise, I still like it.  I may have changed my mind on the furniture though.  I know we still have plenty of time so I’m not that worried about it.
I just want to thank all of you for your prayers over this pregnancy.  I am so excited that everything has been progressing so smoothly.  I have been enjoying this pregnancy, and it’s all thanks to your many, many prayers.  Camryn, Corey, and I are so very blessed to have such wonderful, caring, and thoughtful friends and family!

1 comment:

Angie said...

No weight gain?? You lucky girl!! Your belly does look bigger to me in this picture though, maybe its just the position Camryn was in:)Too funny about your nurse, she's probably doing it on purpose so she can catch you off guard, hahaha!! You look great as usual!