"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Friday, February 11, 2011

Baby Update

How many weeks?  16 weeks
How am I feeling?  I’ve been feeling pretty good lately.  Doing a lot better with thinking crazy things and imagining the worst possible thing’s going to happen.  I’m much more relaxed and really starting to enjoy this pregnancy.  I know everyone’s prayers are helpingJ 
What’s new this week?  I started my progesterone injections on Wednesday.   It really wasn’t that bad.  The only side effects I’ve noticed so far is my hip is a little sore at the injection site, I have minor headaches when I wake up, and this morning I was a little nauseous but it went away after eating.  Also, I think I’m starting to feel the baby move!  I wasn’t sure at first since it’s still a little early but my doctor said it’s very possible to notice movement earlier with a subsequent pregnancy.
Doctor’s appointment?  My appointment Thursday went very well.  He checked my cervix which seems to be doing great.  I will be going back to the doctor every week for cervix checks.  He wants to keep a close eye on it since it was already dilating before I had the cerclage.  And the best news of all…we’re having a little girl!!!  This will be confirmed at my 20-week anatomy ultrasound but my doctor’s pretty sure it’s a girl.
Weight gain?  9 lbs - Corey and I compared my belly pictures from this pregnancy so far with my pictures from when I was pregnant with Connor.  I knew I started showing much earlier with this one but I was really surprised to learn that my belly now is about the size of what it was when I was 21-23 weeks pregnant with Connor!
Baby preparation?  Not much baby prep yet.  We know which room is going to be the nursery, and I started looking at furniture and bedding online.  We have plenty of time to get all that stuff sorted out. So for now, I’m going to enjoy the pregnancy and worry about those decisions later.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW!!! That is fantastic! I will add you all on my prayer list! Thanks for sharing! :)

Angie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog Lynsie!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful journey with us, you are truly an inspiration. You are so right in that everything happens in God's perfect timing. He holds your future and all you can do is draw close to him and experience all of the goodness and grace he has for you. Just take time to enjoy "the simple things" because in the end they are really all that matter! So good to see you and Corey this weekend, we are so happy and excited for you guys!