"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Update - 20 Weeks


How many weeks?  20 weeks…made it to the half way mark!
How am I feeling?  I’ve experienced a couple of contractions recently but my doctor said that will happen as my uterus continues to change and grow.  As long as the contractions aren’t causing my cervix to change, then everything is fine.
What’s new this week?  Tonight after dinner I was sitting on the couch typing this post and watching TV.  Camryn start kicking up a storm.  Just for kicks (no pun intended:)), I told Corey to put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel her kicking...and he did!  She gave three good, strong kicks to the right side of my belly just for her daddy!
Doctor’s appointment?  We had the anatomy scan on Monday with the high-risk doctor.  All of Camryn’s organs are developing normally and everything is looking great!  My regular doctor's appointment was also great.  First of all, we heard Camryn’s heartbeat.  I forgot to ask the nurse how fast it was though.  Her heartbeat was 155 bpm at the anatomy scan.  My cervix is still holding up, long and unchanged.  Also, the injection went a lot better this week.  The nurse used a smaller needle and administered the medicine slower so it wasn’t painful at all.  I am a little sore today but that seems to be the normal weekly occurrence.  What was so amazing about this appointment was that we were in and out in about 40 minutes…quickest appointment ever! 
Weight gain?  17 lbs – 2 lbs from last week!  I did ask the doctor about my continuous weight gain.  His exact words were, “I’m not worried about your weight gain. I just want you to fatten that baby up!”  So if he’s not concerned, I’m not going to be either.  I have been eating more sweets lately so I do plan to change that up a bit and try to eat more fruits and veggies:)
Baby preparation?  I ordered Camryn’s bedding.  It should be here by next Tuesday.  I’m really excited about it.  I love all the colors.  You can see for yourself in the picture below.  The next thing to pick out is her nursery furniture, but I’m pretty sure we won’t buy anything until I’m at least 24 to 26 weeks.

Specific prayer requests?  You don’t know how incredibly blessed I feel to be 20 weeks and for everything to be going so well.  I talked to my doctor this week about short-term and long-term goals for this pregnancy.  Right now his goal is to make it to 26 weeks.  Technically, 24 weeks is the point of viability but still extremely early in the pregnancy so we’re shooting for 26 weeks.  Long-term my doctor is hoping we make it to 36 weeks.  While it would be great to make it the full-term 40 weeks, he is trying to be realistic at the same time.  Also, weeks 23 and 24 are going to be hard for us because that’s when I went into labor with Connor.  I will try my best to take those weeks one day at a time and hopefully not stress and drive myself crazy, but I know only God is going to get me through those weeks and the rest of the pregnancy.  So I’m asking y’all to please pray specifically for the following:
          (1) the progesterone works properly and keeps my uterus happy;
          (2) the cerclage stays in place and keeps my cervix closed;
          (3) any contractions I have will not change my cervix; and
          (4) I reach the current short-term goal of 26 weeks.
Thanks so much for your love, support, and prayers!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thank you so much for the "specific" prayer requests, the Lord hears your deepest desires and will meet all of your needs! We will definitely be praying for these specific things!!

Angie